1. Application Form
The first step for admission to Musikili is to request an Application Form from the school office. The Application Form must be completed in full and must be submitted with the required supporting documentation indicated on the Document Check List. The Application Form, required documents and the Application Fee of $ 100.00 (one hundred United States Dollars) must then be delivered to the school office for processing. It should be noted that no incomplete application submissions can be processed.
2. Pupil Assessment
Once the Application Form has been processed, pupils will be required to undergo an assessment test. Parents will be notified of the date and time of the assessment test by the school office. In the case of Grade One applicants this will be a school readiness test. Applicants for other Grades will be assessed in English and Mathematics, for the purpose of determining the most educationally sound Grade placement for the applicant.
3. Study Permit Requirements
A Study Permit issued by the Zambian Immigration Department is required for non-Zambian applicants. Once the study permit has been applied for, you will be issued with a receipt of payment, a copy of which must be provided to the school before a pupil can be legally admitted to Musikili. It may take several months before the official Study Permit is issued by Immigration.
Be aware that if the child’s passport or parents’ work permit is due to expire shortly, it may impact seriously on the validity period of the study permit. It may be worth considering having the passport or permit renewed earlier.
The requirements for a Study Permit Application are:
(Subject to confirmation with the Zambian Immigration Department)
- Completed Form XX (Regulation 22)
- Two recent passport size photographs
- Certified photocopy of current passport
- Letter of acceptance from educational institution
- Application letter from parents
- Certificate of guarantee from educational institution that applicant’s fees will be paid and that applicant has sufficient means to support oneself
- Medical report from a Government health institution
- ZMK 1 500.00 application fee